Valvoline Heavy Duty Assistant Manager - Lexington, KY
Geared for the Driven
ValvolineTM has a rewarding opportunity as an Assistant Manager for Valvoline Heavy Duty. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
What you’ll do
As an Assistant Manager, you will blend technical and management skills to lead, develop and train others in providing superior customer service. No day is ever dull. You’ll be on the move, interacting with your team and customers to find the best solutions for their vehicle's needs while building loyalty. You will also enjoy playing a role in your team members’ success. If you are ready to take the initiative, we’re here to help you put your career on the fast-track to success.
- Deliver a positive first impression to each guest with a warm and friendly greeting
- Build trust and win repeat, loyal customers
- Assist the Service Center Manager (SCM) in the daily operation and oversight of the service center
- Responsible for inventory, labor management and financial performance of the service center.
- Become familiar with Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) compliance and other policies and procedures
- Mentor, lead and train the team to optimize their development
- Help maintain a clean, well-organized service center and facilitate a safe and secure working environment
- Provide superior customer service leadership
How you’ll succeed
- You are friendly and willing to work as part of customer-focused team
- Have effective interpersonal, oral communication skills
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages
- Knowledge of cash handling, facility and safety control policies and practices
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time and climb stairs
- Have full mobility and are able to twist, stoop and bend
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Six months of supervisory experience or related experience/training preferred
- English fluency in reading, writing, and speaking
- Competitive weekly pay & flexible work schedule
- On-the-job training
- Company provided uniforms and tools
- We promote from within–a commitment we are passionate about
- No late evenings
- Tuition assistance program*
- Paid time off and holidays*
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plans*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on location
Valvoline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes everyone to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.