Territory Sales Representative- Dallas
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Territory Sales Representative. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Territory Sales Representative will be responsible for increasing commercial sales penetration throughout the designated territory with targeted growth of 0.3 - 0.5 OCPD and incremental operating profit of more than $200K per year. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Developing New Commercial Accounts - Identifying prospective customers by utilizing market databases, targeted lists, and following leads from stores in your territory. Completing scheduled and cold call prospecting activities.
- Account Management - Regularly contacting Fleet Managers of existing accounts via telephone, email, or face-to-face.
- External Customer Support - Acting as the first point of contact for issues or concerns of fleet customers.
- Internal Customer Support - Acting as the first point of contact for issues or concerns from store operations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years outside sales experience - preferably commercial (B to B) sales experience
- General business knowledge (ability to calculate gross profit, discounts, and expense management)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (significant communication with both internal and external customers)
- Must be able to make decisions and recommendations based on a mixture of facts, analysis, and experience
- Proficient use of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Saleforce.com
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.