Technology Vendor Supervisor
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Technology Vendor Supervisor. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Technology Hardware Vendor Supervisor orchestrates the Retail Services department’s dealings with its suppliers, such as makers of hardware and providers of services. The vendor manager guides the purchasing of products or services for the global retail service centers. This includes evaluating a potential provider’s reputation, resources, expertise, as well as helping with negotiations and contracts. The vendor manager will oversee vendor performance and optimize hardware spend. Position works with the vendors and the customer operations team. Incumbent must possess process improvement skills and ability to analyze business data and performance metrics and should be able to drive business outcomes. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Managing end-to-end vendor operations and project management with existing technology partners responsible for delivering hardware and services; develops and manages metrics related to vendor performance and conducts quarterly business reviews to drive vendor performance.
- Leading the strategic vendor relationships with key OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers), Value-Added Resellers, and Technology services vendors including vendor selection, pricing negotiations, new product introduction, and service level agreement negotiations.
- Purchasing– Approving purchase requisitions to replenish new and depot hardware inventory. Approximately $8MM annually.
- Developing SG&A and Capital budgets for technology related spend for new stores and run-mode computer maintenance. Reviews budget periodically with analyst team to ensure financial obligations are met.
- Auditing –Managing the audit and assessment of all POS store technology components. Will be responsible for providing insight into hardware failures, spend, and purchasing trends for all global POS quick lube hardware.
- Overseeing daily and long-term asset management for technology related hardware.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of four years' vendor management experience, ideally in the hardware industry
- Prior vendor or operations management experience, with expertise in evaluating performance of vendors, holding vendors accountable to SLAs, optimizing contracts through negotiations, and resolving reliability/dependency issues with vendor networks
- Minimum of five years' technical experience in hardware troubleshooting
- Minimum of three years' project management experience
- Minimum of three years' process management and documentation skills
- Minimum of three years' asset management experience
- Outsourcing partnership experience and knowledge of outsourcing landscape including technology components of outsourcing
- Program management, communication, partner management, negotiating and influencing experience with a track record of achieving engagement from cross-functional partners
- Demonstrated understanding of underlying consumer operations workflow and technology
- Self-starter with strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Skilled in focusing on desired results, determining what is meaningful, clarifying next steps and prioritizing work effectively to meet targets and achieve desired results
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Business Administration
- Experience managing vendors in retail services
- Prior project and process management (lean six sigma) experience helpful and/or IAOP certification is desirable
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.