Tax Compliance Manager
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Tax Compliance Manager. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we invite remote candidates to apply as well. We are open to candidates working in 100% remote capacity, and willing to travel to HQs quarterly.
How You'll Make an Impact
The Tax Compliance Manager position requires: (a) an accounting degree and significant corporate tax subject matter expertise (federal, state, local, transaction); (b) experience in federal and state tax legal research matters; (c) experience in tax accounting and tax provision matters; and (d) experience in tax controversy matters. This position is an experienced tax professional, and the expectation is that the incumbent will be able to conduct tax research, lead or support tax planning, lead or support tax controversies, lead or co-lead a state compliance process. In this internship, you would be responsible for:
- Researching tax law and accounting guidance changes and tax planning opportunities providing recommendations to Tax Director/Tax Counsel. Conducting tax research and writing to support: tax compliance, tax controversy, tax accounting, and tax planning functions (income and transaction taxes) for M&A due diligence and tax research and tax planning; tax legislation/law change tracking.
- Leading and/or supporting representation of Valvoline in various tax controversy matters (income and transaction taxes) including management reporting of global audit implications to Valvoline. Manages tax controversy / tax audit defense / tax authority inquiries providing updates to Tax Director/Tax Counsel.
- Handling various discrete tax compliance and tax reporting matters and tax projects as needed, including (but not limited to) 1099 reporting, W-8, W-9, FBAR reporting, and other similar tax reporting functions (Form 8886, 8275, etc.); miscellaneous research of SEC filings (relating to tax matters).
- Tax incentives and tax credits monetization (including R&D credits, WOTC credits, and other similar credits) partnering with internal and external teams.
- Preparing and/or reviewing tax provision workpapers and supporting documentation for the tax accounting relating to US tax reserves (FIN 48 and FAS 5) including SEC reporting and tax compliance reporting.
- Managing tax compliance processes, including supporting workpapers and analysis and internal controls and retention policies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor of Accounting degree
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in income tax accounting and auditing
- Strong tax technical skills in financial analysis
- Strong research and communication skills including ability to present data
- Experience with ERP systems
What Will Set You Apart
- Advanced degree (i.e., Master of Accounting, MBA, JD, etc.)
- Corporate experience in income tax accounting and auditing
- Admittance to bar
- Experience with Tax Software (OneSource, Corp Tax, Vertex)
- Experience with SAP
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate:
Valvoline is committed to protecting the health of our current and future team members and our customers. COVID-19 vaccines will be required for certain positions and situations effective January 4, 2022, including new U.S. employees joining our company. For more information, you may speak with a member of our HR team during your recruitment process.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.