Supplier Quality Engineer
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Supplier Quality Engineer. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Supplier Quality Engineer will be the process owner for Supplier Quality process, including vendor assessments, overseeing supplier corrective actions and facilitating the cost of poor supplier quality process. This position will work closely with operations, project managers, purchasing, engineering & technical teams to drive ISO 9001 QMS improvements and ensure effective execution of changes pertaining to suppliers/3rd parties and related goods. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Working in tandem with operations, engineering and quality to investigate, resolve and prevent supplier quality issues
- Working closely with technical, purchasing, project managers and operations to drive ISO 9001 QMS improvements
- Supporting Lean workplace (V-Lean) initiatives
- Supporting technical, purchasing, project managers and operations to ensure effective change control with 3rd parties
- Leading the development and execution of control plans for critical suppliers
- Performing quality audits for initial qualification or on-site developmental audits due to a supplier quality concern
- Ensuring tracking of cost of poor quality due to supplier defects or interruptions for the purpose of reimbursement to Valvoline
What You’ll Need
- Four-year science degree, preferably in chemical engineering or industrial engineering. Will consider other engineering degrees in a technical field.
- Minimum of three years' experience in supplier quality in a technical capacity
- Must have strong ISO 9001 or IATF 16949 experience
- Must have a robust working knowledge of computers and MS Office applications, i.e Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, etc.
- Data analysis experience
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel extended distances (typically car, air)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Tier-1 automotive experience
- Internal QMS auditing expereince
- Experience leading teams
- Lean experience
- ASQ certification(s)
- MS Project
- Mini-tab and Power BI experience
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.