Sr. Tax Accountant - REMOTE
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Sr. Tax Accountant (REMOTE). We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Sr. Tax Accountant position requires significant experience with corporate tax compliance processes and practices; significant corporate tax subject matter expertise (federal, state, local); some experience in tax accounting and tax provision matters; and experience with ERP and tax software platforms. This position is for an experienced tax compliance professional with tax accounting experience – and the expectation is that the incumbent will be able to prepare and file tax returns using available IT platforms with minimal supervision and perform the tax accounting required to reflect the tax compliance functions. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Reviewing, preparing, and processing federal, state, local, and Canadian income tax returns, including supporting workpapers and analysis and internal controls and retention policies.
- Reviewing, preparing, and processing federal, state, and local income estimated payment calculations and returns.
- Reviewing and preparing tax provision calculations, workpapers, and supporting schedules based on SAP financial records and supporting internal controls and retention policies.
- Supporting tax controversy, tax audit defense, and tax authority inquiries.
- Administering income tax software and identifying areas to improve efficiency and accuracy in tax compliance.
- Supporting research of tax law changes and tax planning opportunities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably Accounting) or equivalent combination of experience and education (“ECEE”)
- Minimum of 5 years of tax accounting experience
- Must possess a core level of accounting theory and be able to understand financial data with strong computer skills
- Strong Microsoft Suite abilities, including, but not limited to, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proven experience working with tax software (i.e. OneSource, CorpTax, Vertex, etc.)
- Proven experience working with ERP systems (i.e. SAP, JD Edwards, etc.)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (or CPA Eligible)
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.