Sr. Network Engineer
Why Valvoline Global Products?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Products, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Senior IT Network Engineer. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we invite remote candidates to apply as well. Ideally, we would like candidates located in nearby markets (Cincinnati, Louisville, and Nashville), but we are open to other locations.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Senior IT Network Engineer is responsible for providing day-to-day technical support to employees for a range of hardware and software related systems. Responds to and diagnoses the most difficult problems of high complexity through discussion with users, which includes trouble shooting, fault rectification and problem escalation. Provides effective and timely resolution of users’ problems, queries or complaints. Assists in hardware and software evaluation and recommends upgrades or improvements to IT infrastructure. recognized subject matter expert in job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. This role is responsible for managing large projects or processes along with coaching, reviewing and delegating work to lower-level professionals. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Leading the engineering, installation, configuration, support, and maintenance of network services, equipment and devices to include:
- Switches, Routers, SD-WAN appliances, Firewalls, etc.
- Cisco hardware, switches, wireless, wireless controllers, and firewalls
- Experience with LAN
- WIFI - WAPs and Controllers
- VoIP, VPN and traffic encryption
- AWS Cloud Networking, routing and network architecture.
- Managing large complex infrastructure projects / processes (e.g. VIOP, wireless warehouses, direct ship lines and other supply chain projects as requested by the business) represent Infrastructure Services and champion new capabilities/service introduction; coaches and reviews the work of junior level IT professionals
- Supporting and collaborating with IT colleagues across the Globe to share best practices and information, ensure globally consistent processes are implemented and, where appropriate, deviations to meet regional requirements are properly understood and documented
- Resolving day-to-day Network problems/issues by being a Level 3 subject matter expert, driving aging tickets and customer service issues to completion. Providing feedback to management and Managed Service Provider as it relates to the services provided from the service desk vendor
- Leading site surveys, evaluating technical aspects of all phases of project work and make recommendations on technology deficiencies and improvements to save money and improve supply chain operations
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
Bachelors degree in Information Technology, CIS or related field or equivalent experience is preferred, but not required.
Minimum five years of network experience
- Certification in CCNA or CCNP is a plus, but not required.
Experience leading complex infrastructure and/or network projects with prior successful record on technical upgrades
Advanced experience with global data and voice networks including, but not limited to VoIP, SDWAN, LAN, WAN, Wireless, proxy and firewalls.
Strong technical background in communications, collaboration tools in relation to telecom and audio conferencing
Experience working/managing 3rd party vendors with regards to project/day to day operations
Able to teach and coach lower level resources to complete tasks as related to the work requirements
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people.
Strong customer service skills
Advanced experience with network configuration for server and client operating systems.
Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 tools.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Ability to work effectively and collaborate with IT leadership, team members, third party vendor providers and network carriers
Willingness to handle complex challenges.
This role requires individuals to work within the demands a global 24x7, high availability, transaction-oriented network team.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Experience within a large global organization
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.