Sr. Director, IT Services
Why Valvoline Global Products?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Products, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Sr. Director, IT Services. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we invite remote candidates to apply as well. Ideally, we would like candidates located in nearby markets (Cincinnati, Louisville, and Nashville), but we are open to other locations.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Sr. Director of IT Services is responsible for Valvoline's IT infrastructure and associated services in support of the company's operational and strategic business objectives. This role is responsible for leading the Infrastructure team and outsourced managed service providers in strategy, planning, design, and operational management of global IT services of data center and cloud hosting of enterprise applications, WAN/LAN and Internet connectivity, Wi-Fi, remote access, personal computers, voice, call center, mobile personal devices, email, service desk, field services, and associated risk management and controls relating to confidentiality, integrity, and availability. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Providing oversight for 24x7 IT infrastructure services, operations, and associated ITIL-based processes
- Direct the I&O sourcing strategy and serve as the primary liaison for managed service providers and strategic I&O vendors
- Setting the mission and vision of the I&O organization to foster a business-oriented culture across a global team, working with HR and IT leadership to develop a talent strategy designed to deliver against current future business and IT strategies
- As a member of the IT Leadership team, leading the development of the I&O strategy and road map while maintaining highly collaborative relationships with other IT and business leaders to understand the business needs and ensure cost-effective delivery while maintaining the agility to be able to adjust to changing needs driven by the complexity of the CPG and Retail businesses
- Planning, budgeting (expense and capital), provision, deploying, and operating IT infrastructure to meet operational and strategic business objectives. Establish hardware, software, sourcing, network, and hosting standards. Optimizing utilization and cost of IT infrastructure services
- Managing risks to confidentiality, integrity, and availability. This includes but is not limited to providing direction and oversight for IT Disaster Recovery plans, fulfilling all assigned IT controls, maintaining operational security health and target SLAs, and abiding by all privacy laws
- Providing architectural and transitional leadership as cloud computing adoption increases and operational demands on the resulting hybrid hosting model require changes and modernization to the traditional IT operational model. Champion I&O involvement in innovation efforts and the adoption of DevOps
- Working with IT senior leadership on the service portfolio and governance to prioritize resources, actively supporting all approved business and IT projects with IT infrastructure deliverables and/or operational requirements
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or business or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 10 years of progressive IT leadership experience focusing on IT infrastructure, including technical expertise in managing personal computers, servers, storage, networks, mobile, data centers, cloud providers, and disaster recovery solutions.
- Experience leading successful IT infrastructure teams comprised of on-shore, off-shore, and MSP personnel in a global context.
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing strategic relationships with technology vendors, suppliers, and internal business partners.
- Demonstrated success in the transition to/management of a complex hybrid-cloud environment across multiple cloud providers of IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS supporting digital business initiatives.
- Experience enabling and supporting global plant/warehouse operations and remote end-users.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to build strong partnerships and effectively influence outside the direct span of control
- Budget planning and financial management
- Success in leveraging traditional best practices, such as ITIL, COBIT or similar, as well as emerging methods, such as DevOps and cloud computing
- Application and statutory compliance such as GDPR, SOX, and information security
- Service delivery through the definition and adoption of a governance practice that uses KPIs and other metrics to measure service quality.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.