Senior Retail Commercial Counsel
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline, the owner of the Valvoline Instant Oil Change, Great Canadian Oil Change and Express Care brands, is seeking a mid-level attorney with meaningful experience in commercial contracts and general corporate law. This role will support Valvoline’s 700+ company-owned stores, 900+ franchised stores and 200+ independently owned/operated Express Care stores in the U.S. and Canada.
This position will report to the Assistant General Counsel of Valvoline and will work closely with Valvoline’s franchise support, development, marketing, operations and strategic initiative teams as well as other functional teams within Valvoline. The ideal candidate will have (i) expertise in commercial contracts, (ii) familiarity with general corporate law and (iii) familiarity with franchise law.
In addition to these substantive parameters, the ideal candidate will be a decisive team player/advocate with strong initiative, a driven work ethic, a high personal standard of accountability and the ability to have fun while working.
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we invite remote candidates to apply as well.
What You’ll Need
- JD degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of six years of experience (ten preferred) with commerical contracts, with at least four years in a national or regional law firm
- Familiarity with corporate law required
- Knowledge of mergers and acquisitions and/or real estate (helpful)
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally across all levels within the organization
- Desire to serve as a “hand in glove” partner to the franchise business
- Ability to thrive in a high energy, fast-paced environment
What Will Set You Apart
- Familiarity with franchise law
- Familiarity with mergers and acquisitions and/or real estate
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.