Senior Manager, Business Analytics
- Job #
- # of Openings
- Job Post Information
- 5 days ago(1/12/2022 4:32 PM)
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Senior Manager, Business Analytics. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Senior Manager, Business Analytics is responsible for leading planning, insight development, implementation, and execution of data/information for the Product Strategy & Management team. This role will take ownership for collecting, integrating, and processing data from any available source to build actionable insights and enable good decision making. Responsibilities include forecasting raw material costs for LE and annual plan, utilizing data to build key insights for Product Strategy, developing group KPIs, and building data visualization tools. Additionally, this role will work in a team environment with the supply chain, procurement, finance, PS&M and Channel marketing teams to derive insights from data. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Forecasting financial impact to LE and annual plan based on raw material price adjustments/announcements.
- Analyzing market, customer and product trends to provide meaningful insights to Product Strategy team. These insights will fuel the Innovation Master Plans for all segments for the next 5 years. Staying close to evolving consumer and product category trends enable PS&M to stay ahead of competition as the category evolves over time.
- Developing best practices, routines, and innovative solutions to improve the deployment and visualization of data as decision-making information, while institutionalizing tools to drive continuous improvement in business processes. This includes cultivating insightful visualizations out of complicated analytics and providing actionable recommendations for the PS&M team.
- Providing analytical support for the development of optimal data solutions across the Product Strategy & Management team, which would utilize common programs, processes, and systems.
- Streamlining and eliminating wasted time, effort, and cost while improving efficiencies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting, IT, or a technical field
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in business analysis or related field
- Advanced experience using and building dashboards in a data visualization tool such as Power BI, Tableau, or SAP Analytics Cloud
- Experience with statistics tools such as minitab, jmp, or others
- Experience with data transformation and integration using SQL or other tools
- Data integration skills including transforming and modeling data for analysis
- Knowledge of statistical techniques for data analysis
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of SAP and SAP BI tools
- Strong Microsoft Suite abilities including, but not limited to, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Ability to provide influential leadership to reach business decisions
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, with flexibility and adaptability
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity and maturity in working with confidential and sensitive material
- Effective communication and presentation (creation/facilitation) skills with all levels of management
- Must be customer focused, seek continuous improvement and be highly self-directed
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Comfort and understanding of SQL and R
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.