Senior Director of Total Rewards - Valvoline Global Products
Why Valvoline Global Products?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Products, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as Senior Director of Total Rewards - Valvoline Global Products. We wholeheartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we invite candidates living in nearby markets to apply as well. Ideally, we are open to remote candidates living within driving distance (i.e., Cincinnati, Louisville, etc.) willing to visit HQs monthly and as needed. This position also offers a relocation package, for non-local candidates.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Senior Director of Total Rewards will lead global compensation, executive compensation, benefits, Human Resource Information Systems, HR Operations, and North America payroll for Valvoline Global Products (VGP). This position will develop and operationalize the Total Rewards Strategy within the context of the VGP business and HR strategies. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing the company-wide Total Rewards philosophy, compensation strategy, and programs to support the changing needs of employees and the VGP business strategy. This includes: designing and leading the administration and governance of global compensation (executive and broad-based), incentive compensation plans in collaboration with the head of HR and other key partners (tax/finance/legal partners); leading the administration processes for compensation, including merit, general market, and short and long-term incentive plans; development of salary structures, annual base salary and incentive plan design; and realignment and applicable practices and policies for a distributed global workforce.
- Developing the overall Total Rewards and HR Operations' team strategies and associated operating models, including, but not limited to: Total Rewards functions, HR Technology, Compliance, Relocation, Contingent Workforce Management, Onboarding, Offboarding, HR Service Desk, Data and Analytics.
- Designing and implementing low defect-rate, technology-enabled HR Operational processes that drive efficiency for the HR team, business managers, and employees.
- Lead, manage, and evaluate the evaluation, implementation, and oversight of benefits and well-being plan design, policies, processes, and compliance, ensuring a compelling and innovative benefits package that meets the needs of employees. Principle responsibility is US and Canada.
- Managing significant self-insured health care expenses, claims risk, and third-party insurers, consultants, and other service providers.
- Leading research of best practices, assessing global developments, and evaluating emerging trends, pay equity, support for DEI and AAP compliance and goals by staying apprised of technological advancements, and conducting benchmark comparisons by partnering with internal and external specialists.
- Leading a team specializing in Total Rewards and HR Operations, you should excel at recruiting, mentoring, coaching, and inspiring existing talent and future leaders while adding capability and creating opportunities for career development and mobility.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or Business Administration
- Minimum 15+ years of cross-functional HR discipline leadership and management experience in dynamically more challenging roles. Five plus years driving total rewards and compensation, specifically at strategic and global levels
- $1B + global footprint
- Direct analogous industry experience
- Proven track record leading all aspects of total rewards including, but not limited to, the design and administration of compensation, executive compensation, benefits, and retirement defined benefit (pension) and defined contribution (401k) plans
- Prior experience leading HR Operations and HRIS Technology or essential functions
- Proven ability to work on complex HR problems where analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors, including legal regulations, company culture, and methodologies
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies, contracts, financial reports, and legal documents generally pertaining to human resources and benefits
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with flexibility and demonstrated organization
- Proven oral and written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- CCP, CEBS, SPHR
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may vary by position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.