Senior Director, Customer Support
- Job #
- # of Openings
- Job Post Information
- 1 month ago(12/8/2021 8:52 AM)
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Senior Director, Customer Support. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Senior Director, Customer Support sets the strategic direction of the function to ensure alignment with company strategy and initiatives. This role will identify organizational, financial, and human resource needs to ensure function performance expectations are met. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Building and executing a strategic roadmap for how to provide optimal services and support for our customers
- Developing and maintaining effective organization of responsibility, including efficient recruiting, training, coaching, employee engagement, workflow patterns, performance standards, delineation of duties and responsibilities, staffing levels, and supervision
- Providing strategic direction, planning, and execution to meet/exceed productivity, brand representation, and efficiency goals and report information to executives and/or major customers/stakeholders
- Providing proper guidance, ongoing coaching, and development plans to Managers and Supervisors, as defined, and as needed, by utilizing support resources (Recruitment, Hiring, Staffing, Scheduling, Quality, Training, Team Strategies, Retention etc.)
- Planning and managing complex projects, understanding resources needed, and developing timelines, budget, and areas of responsibilities
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 10 years leadership experience in management and operations in a high-volume call center environment
Strong management, leadership, and people development background
Excellent computer and technology skillset
Ability to manage multiple priorities with attention to detail while operating in a fast-paced environment
Change Management with the ability to lead and execute change
Business analytics capability with clear ability to understand data trends and translate to action
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Clear understanding of call center reporting with analytics experience
Ability to effectively present information to internal and external associates
Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style, ability to delegate effectively
Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management, implementing best practices
Excellent people manager skills; openness to direction while implementing a collaborative work style and commitment to a strong work ethic
Ability to lead and develop Virtual Teams
Ability to understand, interpret, and act on financial information and external trends that contributes to business profitability
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Advanced degree
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate:
Valvoline is committed to protecting the health of our current and future team members and our customers. COVID-19 vaccines will be required for certain positions and situations effective January 4, 2022, including new U.S. employees joining our company. For more information, you may speak with a member of our HR team during your recruitment process.
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.