Senior Controls Engineer
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Senior Controls Engineer. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Senior Controls Engineer is responsible for ensuring that plants create the best products possible in the most efficient manner using/modifying automated controls systems. They are responsible for ensuring that all controls equipment is properly maintained and functioning to current safety standards. As they perform these functions, Senior Controls Engineers must also be able to work with other departments and external parties to create and implement processes to increase the plant’s efficiency. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Leading capital controls project while following front-end load project work process with multiple project phases and developing deliverables over the duration of the project lifecycle.
- Overseeing third-party controls systems' support across domestic and international plant sites. Will be the company subject matter expert for determining support deliverables, along with budgeting and tracking cost of third-party services.
- Writing and implementing machine safety standards: Lead/Perform Machine Risk Assessments. Design machine Controls for safety system to meet Sistema Level D or E category. Review new machine documentation to make sure the equipment exceeds Valvoline safety standards. Update, on annual basis, safety standards for PLC specs, Servo Specs, VFD Specs, HMI Specs, Network Specs, and Safety Circuits Specs.
- Leading and supporting 4 level plant controls systems tech support technique for trouble shooting machine issues remotely for regional plant sites. This system would include leading other in-house controls specialist and use of third-party controls programming support.
- Oversee and support the design and upgrades to plants blending systems. This would include H2S safety systems, blending recipe design and setup, and install programming on new DCS on VMware.
- Supporting IT team with DCS security and audit tasks. Support the IT team with upgrades for all Allen Bradly software: RSlinks, RsLogix’s, HMI Software, Pac-ware, Meter Software, and Acrons backup software.
- Expanding the use of Historian servers and software across domestic and international plant sites, while supporting/ troubleshooting current plant systems.
- Supporting other capital projects being led by Process, Packaging, and/or Plant Engineers that have a controls piece within their project scopes.
- Development and oversight of third- party panel builds for capital projects.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion
What You’ll Need
- Four year college degree in Engineering (Electrical, Controls/Instrumentation or Mechanical)
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in consumer products controls work and project execution (prefer to have blending controls development experience, OEE data collection implementation and packaging line integration)
- Experience with:
- Siemens PCS7 & Batch /DCS
- ProFiBus DP & PA
- Rockwell PLC's and Software
- Safety Controls (Machine safety)
- Safety System Design & Programming
- Understanding safety categories
- 50% of work environment will be office based and 50% will be on the plant floor with the equipment and live operation
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Master’s in Engineering or Business Administration
- Professional Engineer Licenses
- Rockwell Automation Product Certifications
- Siemens Product Certifications
- Project Management Certifications
- Process Controls Networks
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.