- Job #
- # of Openings
- Job Post Information
- 2 months ago(11/30/2021 11:51 AM)
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Sales Executive. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
This business development role is focused on the effective execution of our value proposition by adding new business associated with our Core National Account and dealer platforms. This position will have extensive knowledge of the Automotive Service Center and Car Dealer channels and will execute a selling platform, marketing programs, and account specific promotions that deliver strategic growth for the Valvoline. Collaboration with account management, training, and other business resources are critical to the success of this role as it relates to onboarding and delivering a tremendous customer experience. Success will be determined through the accelerated growth of new rooftops, delivering gross profit, and driving volume.
In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Growing new rooftops, gross profit, and volume delivering VVV value prop
- Effectively selling in family of brands, which includes lubricants, antifreeze, filters, chemicals and wiper blades
- Maximizing Gross Profit – driving mix and profitability: Create win/win for the customer and Valvoline – understand customer value creation, know customer business drivers, quantify the value of the deal)
- Working through disciplined seller journey processes, utilizing all components of Salesforce.com to ensure proper communication
- Working with onboarding team to ensure proper onboarding
- Understanding and embracing Rules of Engagement guidelines in place for Installer Channel sales network
What You’ll Need
- BA degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum three years of business development experience
- Familiarity with DIFM automotive or heavy-duty market experience
- Strong track record of business development and account growth
- Proficient w/Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, & Salesforce.com (expectation to fully embrace CRM & other digital tools)
- Business and operational acumen
- Collaboration skills
- Excellent communication, planning, organizational and negotiating skills
- Driven for results
- Commitment to onboarding/transitioning with account management team
- Selling Value Proposition - Drives/Reward Cards, SPARK, Call Center, DASH
- Frequent utilization of sales tools
- Business Impact Scorecard
- Price gap guarantee
- Fully understand training capabilities and how to sell effectively
- Utilization of SFDC
- Standard/Templated Contracts
- Log Calls
- Pipeline Management/Seller Journey
- Total Recall Engagement
- Create and maintain peer network within the organization; franchise support personnel, VVV peers, etc.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- B2B experience
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate:
Valvoline is committed to protecting the health of our current and future team members and our customers. COVID-19 vaccines will be required for certain positions and situations effective January 4, 2022, including new U.S. employees joining our company. For more information, you may speak with a member of our HR team during your recruitment process.
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.