Sales Account Executive
Why Valvoline Global Products?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Products, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Sales Account Executive. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
This individual will travel between Valvoline Regional Accounts throughout Virginia, Maryland, DC and New Jersey with a focus on building relationships with existing customers, retaining accounts, and growing the business. This is a remote role, with a preference that the Account Executive reside in the DC/Maryland region.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The purpose of this position is to grow the Valvoline business by developing, calling on, and servicing Regional accounts for the Valvoline family of products. This position will have extensive knowledge of each channel of trade and will help create and execute a selling platform, marketing programs, and account specific promotions that deliver strategic growth for the Valvoline Company. Relationship building with the Regional accounts is critical to the success of this role. This includes customer site visits, virtual training / meetings, and various face-to-face interactions at domestic locations throughout the United States. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Developing and enriching relationships with regional installers in management, sales, operations, and customer service (regional accounts up to 6 rooftops)
- Virtual and in-store support / classroom training (including demos, customized playbook, and execution)
- Business reviews – analyst performance of each rooftop and identify strategy for growth
- Transferring product and sales knowledge to motivate, train or coach personnel and/or installers to increase sales of the Valvoline portfolio of products
- New account onboarding and ongoing management
- Assessing and diagnosing training needs and delivering appropriate training solutions to maximize Valvoline product growth
- Personal Development
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum one year of relevant experience
- Familiarity with “do it for me”(DIFM) automotive or heavy-duty market experience
- Strong track record of training and/or sales experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Teams, PowerPoint, Excel (or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com (or equivalent CRM)
- Completed VCert Classes: Light Duty Lubricants, Heavy Duty Lubricants, Valvoline Professional Series with Equipment Certifications, Facilitation Skills, Virtual Facilitation Skills (internal candidates only)
- Driven for Results
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Good planning and organization skills
- Collaborative (Building Deep & Wide Relationships)
- Ideal team player (Humble, Hungry, Smart)
- Customer focused
- Excellent presentation skills
- Problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- Good business acumen
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work in the elements of an automotive shop (ie heat, cold, noise, etc)
- Ability to lift equipment and/or machinery up to 50 lbs
- Abilty to travel up to 75% (overnight)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.