Research and Development Scientist
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Research and Development Scientist. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
This person will be responsible for the development of specialty fluids to meet the fast-growing new energy vehicle needs. Additional responsibilities will include providing technical support to global teams and customers. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Developing unique lubricant and heat transfer fluids for new energy vehicle applications
- Designing and managing testing program to evaluate novel fluid molecules and components
- Conducting fundamental research and building knowledge database to provide technical support to internal and external customers
- Establishing and growing an external network of collaborators in academia, government, and industry
- Patenting inventions and developing a record of publication via conferences and peer reviewed journals
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion
What You’ll Need
Bachlor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
- Ability to travel
Intellectual curiosity with a passion to explore and innovate both within and outside of your area of expertise
Strong written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
Passion and enthusiasm
Self – starter
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Master or PhD
- Strong technical background in engineering fundamentals including lubrication, thermodynamics, heat transfer, and fluid mechanics
- Experience in tribology and lubricant product development
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.