Regional Supply Chain Manager
- Job #
- # of Openings
- Job Post Information
- 1 month ago(12/15/2021 3:25 PM)
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Regional Suppy Chain Manager. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Role is remote but ideal candidate will be centrally located in the US/MidWest or NE*
How You’ll Make an Impact
As a Regional Supply Chain Manager, you will manage a regional supply network for Valvoline. In partnership with the regional distributor sales team will develop a supply & distribution network to service Valvoline's local customer base. Will oversee approximately $25-30M in net sales each year of on-book business, in addition to National Account/VIOC deliveries, and look after approximately 10-20 distributors. In addition, the Central and Eastern Supply Chain Manager roles would look after the regional Direct Markets (~$35M in net sales per region). Will be responsible for assuring accurate, on-time, and efficient service for regional installer customers through the management of distributor inventory, replenishment and customer service. Position will create, analyze, and communicate supply and service related metrics and hold the distribution network accountable for the service levels expected by Valvoline. Will play a large part in managing and implementing Valvoline's distribution strategy of using consignment inventory to gain more visibility and control over installer supply. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Implementing and managing Valvoline's distribution strategy of using consignment inventory to gain visibility and control of installer supply. This would include the inventory, replenishment, and customer service.
- Creating, analyzing, and communicating supply and service related metrics and then holding distributors accountable for those metrics.
- Working directly with installer customers to understand their service needs and then translate them into actionable processes to be implemented by Valvoline and its distributor partners.
- Optimizing the quality and quantity of inventory at distributor locations in order for our partners to provide cost effective and efficient service to Valvoline customers.
- Managing supply chain related issues that installer customers may have related to quality, EH&S, supply, returns or credits, truck routing or service levels, allowing the Distributor Sales Team to focus on growing the business.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of one year customer experience
- Experience in Supply Chain related fields including distribution, purchasing, and/or customer service
- Experience managing vendor relationships and partnerships with sales
- Experience in data analysis inventory reconciliation, process development, and implementation
- Experience with consignment inventory, 3rd Party relationships, customer service, inventory management, network design, and logistics
- Ability to travel (up to 60%) to warehouse and production facilities
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.