Regional Office Manager
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Regional Office Manager. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Regional Office Manager is the primary administrative support for his/her respective market. This includes, but is not limited to, overall office management, providing support, direction and information to area managers and service center managers, EHS and corporate accounting report maintenance and corporate/market-specific policy adherence and oversight. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Performing general office management including but not limited to maintaining equipment and facility, ordering office supplies and troubleshooting basic technology issues
- Directing and coordinating administrative services
- Approving invoices with FAA approval
- Approving check requests and write checks as authorized signer
- Monitoring compliance of corporate policy and procedures for understanding and implementation including developing processes for multi-unit facilities, orders marketing and merchandising materials for multiple service centers including signage and advertising needs
- Coordinating and arranging travel for Regional Matrix Team
- Functioning as member of Core team and works in conjunction with the Regional Matrix Team to provide support, direction and information to area supervisors and service center managers including but not limited to:
- Developing, analyzing and distributing data necessary to successfully plan and reach company profit numbers
- Providing input and tools to assist in managing employee well-being and customer satisfaction
- Communicating and supporting corporate initiatives
- Managing Environmental, Health and Safety reports for multi-units including but not limited to:
- Ensuring that all occupational injuries are reported with full and correct detail of incident and investigations are completed in a timely manner
- Maintaining records for OSHA requirements
- Communicating with workers compensation representatives as needed
- Communicating safety hazards and information to maintain safety awareness in the centers
- Directing and coordinating office to ensure facility is following all guidelines set forth by region and corporate policies.
- Training and communication functions in all computer software from corporate databases, SAP, mainframe, internet, and personal computer applications including Excel and Word
- Communicating any changes in administrative functions that need to be performed to support the multi-unit retail operation
- Monitoring corporate accounting reports pertinent to multi-unit facility operations' expenses via SAP and desktop software for proper posting of expenses including:
- Producing monthly profit and loss reports for distribution to the company
- Performing accounting reviews in SAP to ensure all accounting categories are correct and expenses are within budget (includes responsibility given from corporate office to assure proper accounting codes are used)
- Ensuring purchase card expenses are properly allocated in Concur and oversee the purchase card retention files
What You’ll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Great organizational, multi-tasking skills
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Comfortable working with all company levels
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.