Real Estate Specialist
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Real Estate Specialist. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Real Estate Specialist will interact with company real estate managers, attorneys, paralegals, pre-construction team, and acquisition team as part of the real estate store development (ground-up builds) and acquisition process. This role performs a variety of administrative, organizational, communication, and reporting tasks as well as reviewing, summarizing, and interpreting lease documents and tracking, managing, and communicating critical deadlines. This position will require exemplary technical and organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work independently and function seamlessly as part of a team. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Assisting Real Estate Managers, attorneys, and paralegals with administrative tasks involved in the acquisition, purchase and/or lease of new Valvoline Instant Oil Change stores, including processing invoices and payment requests as necessary.
- Maintaining project documents and preparing reports for team review.
- Assisting with the coordination of contracts, legal documents and correspondence including: Lease Agreements, Purchase Agreements, Amendments, Modifications, Estoppel Certificates and Subordination, Non-Disturbance and Attornment Agreements.
- Coordinating document requirements related to exhibits and addenda.
- Receiving, interpreting, reconciling, delegating and distributing documents and information.
- Maintaining projects in the workflow system and other common file areas.
- Reviewing real estate documents and abstract important dates, obligations, and rights.
What You’ll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of five years as a Real Estate Assistant in a commercial business or law firm
- Proficient computer skills with experience in MS Office Applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task, handling multiple projects at the same time
- Strong attention to detail (required)
- Collaboration/teamwork with ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent education
- Experience in real estate matters
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.