Why Valvoline Global Products?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Products, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Quality Supervisor. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Quality Supervisor will ensure the quality of materials received, produced and delivered in accordance to product specifications, and manage the facility's Quality System to ensure compliance with ISO9001. This role will also effectively manage direct reports in the Quality Lab and be responsible for all lab testing, results and safety of personnel in the area. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Ensuring quality control lab operates efficiently and effectively by supervising lab technicians (including training, testing procedures/ protocols are followed, work schedules and performance reviews), and ensuring lab equipment functions properly and within calibration. Trouble shoots equipment and schedules preventive maintenance. Manages expenses related to supplies and consumables for the laboratory.
- Managing the facility's Quality System: fulfills the Management Rep responsibilities by completing internal audits, leading management reviews, and building action plans ensuring excecution of appropriate corrective actions.
- Leading safety programs to ensure the safety of employees working in the lab and blending areas. Drives employee engagement in safety. Communicates and ensures compliance with all policies and procedures including OSHA, EPA, environmental rules, regulations, ISO work instructions and company policies, and maintains appropriate records.
- Investigating root causes of internal and customer non-conformances. Manages the Incident Report System: documents root causes of customer, internal, and supplier incidents and implements corrective actions where applicable.
- Driving continuous improvement through 5S, lean and other programs/ tools. Site champion and/or SME on topic.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
Four year degree, preferably in science or chemistry
Minimum of three years of supervisory experience in a lab setting
- Minimum of two years working in a Lean Manufacturing environment using control plans, PFMEAs, 5S tools, etc
Supplier quality and ISO9001 experience
- Experienced leader of direct and indirect reports
Ability to take recipes and make changes if needed
Ability to drive improvement with team, suppliers and others
Ability to develop and write work instructions
- Understands ISO9001 standard
Ability to multi-task
- Ability to lift 40lbs. and move throughout the plant for extended periods
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.