Quality Control Supervisor
Why Valvoline Global Products?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Products, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Customer Service Representative. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
This role will supervise the Laboratory Technicians in the Quality Control lab, along with being the main liaison for supplier quality and ISO management representatives. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Ensuring Quality Control lab operates efficiently and effectively by supervising lab technicians (including training, testing procedures/ protocols are followed, work schedules and performance reviews), and ensuring lab equipment functions properly and within calibration. Trouble shoots equipment and schedules preventive maintenance. Manages expenses related to supplies and consumables for the laboratory.
- Managing the facility's Quality System: fulfills the Management Rep responsibilities completing internal audits, leading management reviews, and building action plans ensuring execution of appropriate corrective actions.
- Investigating root causes of internal, supplier and customer non-conformances. Manages the Incident Report System: documents root causes of customer, internal, and supplier incidents and implements corrective actions where applicable.
- Driving continuous improvement through 5S, lean and other programs/ tools.
- Working directly with corporate resources change management group for changes to our new formulations. Interfaces with Blenders to lead changes/updates to the SMB/ILB/batch blending systems.
- Leading safety programs to ensure the safety of employees working in the lab. Drives employee engagement in safety. Communicates and ensures compliance with all policies and procedures including OSHA, EPA, environmental rules, regulations, ISO work instructions and company policies and maintains appropriate records.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
Four year technical degree in chemistry or chemical engineering preferred. Other four year science or engineering degrees e.g. (industrial engineering, quality engineering, etc.) will be considered with appropriate experience.
- Minimum of four years' experience in a lubricant and/or chemical manufacturing laboratory setting plus 2 years supervisory experience preferred
- Must be skilled at using common test equipment used to test lubricants and/or chemicals
- SAP experience is extremely beneficial
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. and stand on feet occasionally for extended times
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Experience in SPC (Statistical Process Control), control charts, and statistical software (e.g., mini tab)
- Experience with automotive standards APQP, PPAPs, FMEA, Control Plans
Experience in Lean, Six Sigma
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.