Quality Assurance Intern - Summer 2023
Valvoline™ has been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
The Quality Assurance Intern will work with different data sets in the area of operations and equipment (efficiency) customer satisfaction, quality, and supply chain to find trends (strengths, weaknesses and risks), perform capability studies, and support related continuous improvement projects to facilitate company goals and objectives. Responsibilities include:
- Working in cross-functional teams and with different data sets in the area of operations, equipment, customer satisfaction, quality, and supply chain to find trends (strengths, weaknesses and risks), perform efficiency/ capability studies, and support related continuous improvement projects.
- Developing reports and visualizing data (dashboards). Track and report quality assurance metrics, e.g. customer claims, defects, complaints, and generate appropriate reports.
- Use SQL/R Studio; (May use Power BI, Mini-tab, excel as needed, with guidance.)
- Work with Ops Process Engineer and Quality Assurance Specialist:
- Data analysis - generate statistical reports to identify trends leading to data-driven decision making and improvement. Support cost of poor quality improvement projects.
- Special projects related to organizational initiatives, support other groups with data requests, etc.
- Working within other non-QA company databases and record storage systems.
- Tracking quality assurance metrics, e.g. customer claims, defects, complaints, first pass yield, etc. and generating appropriate reports.
- Up to 10% travel for training, meetings, audits, site visits, etc.
What You'll Need
- Applicant must be a student attending classes at a university
- Strong computer science skills
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.