Project Manager- REMOTE
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Project Manager. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Project Manager manages multiple projects of varying size and complexity - leading cross-functional teams and partnering with internal stakeholders to develop, design, build, and launch business solutions. This position will focus both on the delivery of projects and working with other program/project managers across the business to drive consistency and planning into the future. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Preparing a detailed project plan for all phases of the project; managing day-to-day project activities, resources, and working team meetings; tracking project success; providing status regarding project milestones, risks, and issues; reporting on results, metrics, pilot and implementation activities; communicating to business stakeholders and senior leadership team.
- Full project lifecycle ownership: setting project expectations, driving leadership of project team by building scope and plan to meet project goals, delegating/tracking deliverables with working team, guiding project milestones to ensure momentum according to scope and schedule; measuring project impact, and effectively completing project close activities.
- Applying tools and project management methodology that is flexible, appropriately manages risk, and leads to successful implementation of projects.
- Understanding interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs; demonstrate a functional acumen to support solutions.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in business, project management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading projects of varying size/complexity
- Experience managing projects and meetings in a variety of settings and team member locations (in person, remote, hybrid)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Teams
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
- Proven success in leading a project team by building and influencing team members to meet project goals on time, adhering to their responsibilities, performance accountabilities, and project milestones
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- PMP or similar project management certification
- Microsoft Project, Visio, Smartsheet, Planview PPM Pro, or similar project and portfolio management tools
- Strong retail operations and retail project management experience
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.