Production Material Handler
- Requisition #
- # of Openings
- Job Post Information* : Posted Date
- 2 months ago(11/12/2021 10:33 AM)
- Warehouse, Transportation, and Logistics
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Production Material Handler. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
Production and bulk inventory management of finished products in IBCs for deliveries by Direct Market (DM) trucks or inventory replenishment as needed, following prescribed company procedures, to meet customer/business needs. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Production of DM market IBCs for bulk deliveries/ inventory reviews
- Loading/offloading of daily DM trucks
- Consolidation of partial DM Market IBCs for inventory management/efficiencies
- Off-loading of inbound Loads for production requirements as needed
- Back-up of Production department duties
- Participating in all Safety/Lean programs/initiatives/training/special projects
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion
What You’ll Need
- Previous experience in automotive filling of large pack containers in a fast-paced plant environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
Proficiency in SAP
Knowledge of TDG & GHS requirements
Strong communication skills
Sitting/walking/reaching/turning/grasping/pinching/pulling - frequently
Standing/carrying/climbing/bending/stooping/crouching/twisting - occasionally
Heavy pulling & lifting (100 lbs. occasionally, 50 pounds frequently) - occasionally
Moderate pulling and lifting (50 lbs. occasionally, 25 lbs. frequently) - frequently
Light pulling & lifting (20 lbs. occasionally, 10 lbs. frequently) – frequently
Sedentary (10 lbs. occasionally, 0 lbs. frequently) - occasionally
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance benefits
- Group RRSP account
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement*
*Terms and conditions apply and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline, LLC (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applications for all positions without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citzenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, martial status, family status or disability or any other status protected by applicable laws. The Company complies with applicable statuses, common law and other regulatory requirements.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.