Product Strategy Intern - Summer 2023
Valvoline™ has been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
The Product Strategy team is responsible for creating the product portfolio strategies globally for Valvoline Global Products. The Product Strategy intern will work closely with the Light Duty, Heavy Duty and Antifreeze teams to understand the Valvoline Global Products current portfolios, key competitors globally and identifying potential gaps. The person in this role will work extensively with cross-functional team members to determine optimal solutions for a variety of challenges related to the product portfolio, supply chain network and overall financial performance. Responsibilities include:
- Deep Diving CA business and present recommendations on logistics and commercial portfolio strategy. Determine if the logistics footprint of today needs to be modified to unlock business opportunities that cannot be achieved today.
- Deep diving the EV portfolio and determining which products are needed and what they should be named.
- Evaluating competitors global sustainability initiatives.
- Understanding competitors global product lines for light duty, heavy duty and antifreeze. Determine competitors global sub-brands versus regional fit for market products. Identify competitor's product naming hierarchy, product specifications, bottle color strategy, etc.
What You'll Need
- Applicant must be a student attending classes at a university
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.