Product Owner (DASH)
Why Valvoline Global Products?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Products, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Product Owner. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
As B2B Portal Technical Product Owner, working hand-in-hand with stakeholders and partners throughout the entire customer journey is key. Manages and executes the B2B Portal Roadmap to bring new features and enhancements to market that increase customer satisfaction, user experience and revenue growth. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Working with the Global Customer Experience Lead, creating a yearly roadmap based on customer feedback and data. Provides thought leadership, input, and guidance to executive leadership for the overall plan, roadmap, and vision by understanding the impact of the portal to the customer lifetime value.
- As the owner of execution of the roadmap, serving as the conduit between the business and IT through the Agile methodology. Gathers business requirements, works with SME’s to define business processes (current and future state) in order to write user stories that align to the features and ensure the pipeline (backlog) stays full and is prioritized. Provides regular reporting including product scope, schedule and planning.
- Developing user stories from prioritized features, identifying acceptance criteria for user stories, approving each user story during the sprint, and ensuring that user stories meet the acceptance criteria and are updated in the system.
- Consultant for defining the business processes for B2B Portal roadmap objectives. Ensures that business processes are developed and defined for delivered features both current and future state. Advises the SME to understand the change impact to stakeholders. Assists the other Valvoline councils (Customer, Material Master, Product Content Management) with defining business process with DASH.
- Collaborating with project teams between functions and with management to resolve issues. Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path activities. Works with the Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, and / or SAP teams on joint user stories.
- Working with the other members of the B2B Portal business team to understand site performance and analytics in order to drive sales through merchandising and increase customer adoption. Makes recommendations to the roadmap owner for improvements that drive the maximum value.
- Driving continuous improvement across the business. Partners with functional leaders to manage project resources and leads post-launch audits to recommend process improvements and best practices.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, technology, engineering, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in product owner, IT, or related field
- Minimum of four years of experience in Product Owner, Business Analyst, IT, or related field
- Ability to identify opportunity, and plan and drive a program portfolio and resulting projects
- Experience working in an agile development process
- Ability to monitor and communicate the progress of each program up through the executive level
- Ability to identify risks and issues and manage corrective actions
- Skilled at coordinating the projects and their interdependencies
- Experience managing and utilizing resources across projects
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Must be up-to-date with the latest Web and B2B e-commerce trends, techniques and technologies
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and present creative, fresh ideas
- Strong communication and team-playing skills
- Self-starter, hungry to deliver with a team player attitude
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
PMP or equivalent certification
- Project management of large web development projects
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.