Why Valvoline Global Products?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Products, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Procurement Specialist. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Procurement Specialist will have spend segment responsibility and ownership for the MRO category. This includes operational supplies, capital expenditures, EH&S, maintenance/construction services, energy and other areas as needed. This position will report directly to the manager of Valvoline Indirect Procurement, and will work with many internal groups at Valvoline such as operations, maintenance, construction, EH&S, supply chain, etc. This position has responsibility to ensure we maintain a consistent supply chain of products and services to support Valvoline's business objectives; will have responsibility for vendor selection, vendor approval and vendor performance for the MRO category; will facilitate strategic sourcing through market and industry analysis, supplier segmentation and supplier research, and build effective relationships with current and future vendor partners. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Business Support: Be Valvoline's subject matter expert for the MRO category. Provide information, analysis and support to the internal business teams and assist in all vendor related matters.
- Sourcing: Develop sourcing strategies for all sub-categories within MRO including: 1) Assessment of business needs for internal customers; 2) Prepare RFQ's/RFP's as needed for competitive bidding; 3) Perform industry analysis to ensure Valvoline is partnering with qualified vendors for key material and service needs; 4) Analyze and evaluate bid responses, negotiate prices and other terms; 5) Assist with the development of market forecast/cost structure analysis; 6) Complete all on-boarding of vendors as needed, including completion of setup documents and compliance to all safety and insurance requirements.
- Vendor Risk Mitigation: Ensure vendors are appropriately chosen, managed and monitored to mitigate risk associated with supply interruption, environmental liability, safety and legal liability. Manage supply plan and resolve supply issues. Meet bi-annually with key vendors to review metrics and performance.
- Commercial Terms: Develop and execute a sourcing strategy and negotiate commercial terms to deliver optimal cost and support Valvoline's financial and operational objectives.
- Quality Service: Establish and measure quality standards for each area ensuring standards are consistently up-to-date and standards are met. Review monthly reporting for service related areas to ensure compliance.
- Supplier Relationship Management: Use relationship management techniques to generate maximum long-term value.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years of purchasing experience or work in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Must have the ability to multi-task, manage complex projects and data, and operate very efficiently
- Must have excellent relationship skills and be a great teammate
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Driven to succeed
- Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Project management skills
- Great organizational skills
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.