Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Procurement Specialist II, MRO. We wholeheartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Procurement Specialst II, MRO will have spend segment responsibility and ownership for the MRO category. This includes operational supplies, capital expenditures, EH&S, maintenance/construction services, energy, and other areas as needed. This position will report directly to the leader of the Valvoline Procurement Organization. This position will work with many internal groups at Valvoline such as operations, maintenance, construction, onboarding, EH&S, supply chain, etc. This position has the responsibility to ensure we maintain a consistent supply chain of products and services to support Valvoline's business objectives. This position will have responsibility for the procurement strategy, vendor selection, vendor approval, and vendor performance for the MRO category. This position will facilitate strategic sourcing through market and industry analysis, supplier segmentation, and supplier research, and build effective relationships with current and future vendor partners. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Business Support: Being Valvoline's subject matter expert for the MRO category. Providing information, analysis, and support to the internal business teams and assisting in all vendor-related matters.
- Sourcing: Developing sourcing strategies for all sub-categories within MRO including 1) Assessment of business needs for internal customers; 2) Preparing RFQ's/RFP's as needed for competitive bidding; 3) Performing industry analysis to ensure Valvoline is partnering with qualified vendors for key material and service needs; 4) Analyzing and evaluating bid responses, negotiating prices and other terms; 5) Assisting with the development of market forecast/cost structure analysis; 6) Completing all onboarding of vendors as needed, including completion of setup documents and compliance to all safety and insurance requirements.
- Vendor Risk Mitigation: Ensuring vendors are appropriately chosen, managed, and monitored to mitigate risks associated with supply interruption, environmental liability, safety, and legal liability. Managing supply plans and resolving supply issues. Meeting bi-annually with key vendors to review metrics and performance.
- Commercial Terms: Developing and executing a sourcing strategy and negotiate commercial terms to deliver optimal cost and support Valvoline's financial and operational objectives.
- Quality Service: Establishing and measuring quality standards for each area ensuring standards are consistently up to date and standards are met. Reviewing monthly reporting for service-related areas to ensure compliance.
- Supplier Relationship Management: Using relationship management techniques to generate maximum long-term value.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must have the ability to multi-task, manage complex projects and data, and operate efficiently
- Must possess excellent relationship skills and be a great teammate
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be driven to succeed
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Minimum of three years of purchasing experience
- Minimum of three years of retail experience
- Minimum of two years of SAP experience
- Project management and organizational skills
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.