Pricing & Business Optimization Manager
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we invite remote candidates to apply as well. Ideally, we would like candidates located in nearby markets (Cincinnati and Louisville).
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Pricing & Business Optimization Manager. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Pricing & Business Optimization Manager will play a key role in evolving and reshaping Valvoline’s revenue and margin growth strategy in Latin America as well as building a strong business analytics foundation for the organization, while ensuring a flawless sales back-office support. The key objectives of this role include improving value capture from new and existing customers while maintaining pricing integrity and consistency, building market-driven and systematic pricing structures, processes and framework, while leading a consistent competitor pricing analytics mechanism across key regions/segments, leading the development and disciplined execution of a cohesive pricing strategy, leading business analytics in the region towards setting up a data-enabled decision-making process and being the single source of reliable and valuable information for our commercial teams, and ensuring a flawless business processes connection with key customers and partners while leading our efforts and strategy to be easier to do business with.
In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Working closely with BU leader/ Supply Chain/Marketing team to develop and implement pricing strategy that supports sustainable business growth. Drives projects related to price points and tier differentiation for new and current products, customer segments to target, feature prioritization, and deal level guidance. Develop deep expertise in how customers perceive and derive value from the product and price elasticity. Provides strategic pricing guidance and profitability analysis. Leads and directs analysis to provide leading and lagging KPIs for pricing initiatives, compile reports/dashboards and distribute to stakeholders across the organization. Builds and maintains price database to support pricing/ cost activities, as well as market intelligence/competition benchmark. Oversees the effectiveness of customer and segment pricing through internal and primary market research, competitive pricing research, deal analysis and a variety of other research methods.
- Driving definition, implementation and tracking of internal pricing procedures and framework that enable a flawless execution of our company’s pricing strategy. Definition and implementation of pricing tiers and structures by region/product family/segment, end use customer and special pricing accounts framework, deal and profitability analysis tools development, maintenance and deployment along with system flawless integration are among key tasks.
- Creating, developing, and leading execution and maintenance of a data analytics and business intelligence environment (dashboards, reports, presentations) that equips the whole organization with the information/analysis/insights required to make the right decisions and profitably grow the business.
- Leading and championing our strategy to be easier to do business with including our digital transformation journey and ad-hoc projects.
- Leading analyst team ensuring a flawless and disciplined pricing execution, customer rebate management and key customer business processes integration.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, or related technical field
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in pricing or with business intelligence, economic data, financial data analytics or related field
- Minimum 3 years pricing experience
- Bilingual language capability
- Experience on commercial roles
- Experience in auto aftermarket or consumer goods industry
Strong commercial sense and an entrepreneurial and results oriented style
Strong project management skills
Solid data analysis and presentation skills
Track record of being a self-starter; motivated for professional growth
Proficiency in relevant tools and software (Excel, SAP, etc.)
- Experience in a SaaS pricing role delivering strategic recommendations to leadership and developing analytical frameworks to determine the best outcomes
- Advanced experience with data analysis, dashboarding, and financial modeling/analysis
- Expertise in market, customer and competitor research
- Experience managing pricing processes with cross-functional partners
- Strong research and synthesis skills (translate data into insights and actions)
- Strong problem-solving and strategic thinking skills
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Strong technical skills: Power BI, Python or other programs
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate:
Valvoline is committed to protecting the health of our current and future team members and our customers. COVID-19 vaccines will be required for certain positions and situations effective January 4, 2022, including new U.S. employees joining our company. For more information, you may speak with a member of our HR team during your recruitment process.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.