Pre-Construction Project Manager
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Pre-Construction Project Manager. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
This role manages assigned retail pre-construction activity for VIOC ground-ups and rebuild projects. The Pre-Construction Project Manager is accountable for site feasibility, delivery of required due diligence, coordination and development of necessary construction documents, and all permitting/zoning activities. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Managing permit/entitlement work necessary to meet VIOC Corporate new construction goals; includes administrative approvals, development approvals, planning commission/city council approvals, special use/variance and rezoning approvals. Also includes attendance of necessary pre-application conferences and Planning Commission/Zoning/Community meetings.
- Collaborating with company Real Estate, Operations, and Manager Pre-Construction to determine site feasibility, including tours of prospective sites. Overseeing conceptual site plan creation and developing preliminary site build out budgets
- Overseeing site/architectural design firms to develop required construction documents in tandem with assigned Construction Project Manager, including interaction with internal organization departments; EH&S, legal and real estate to ensure projects approved meet environmental, safety and regulatory compliance guidelines
- Delivering site investigation reports and necessary due diligence work; providing necessary timelines required for execution of purchase/lease agreements
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 3 years retail site selection experience
- Minimum 3 years retail entitlement experience
- Finance and budget experience
- Contract analysis and negotiation
- Facility/site design experience
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to influence
- Business acumen
- Flexible and agile
- Ability to assess, diagnose and troubleshoot problems
- Some travel required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.