Portfolio Manager (Heavy Duty Lubricants)
- Job #
- # of Openings
- Job Post Information
- 2 months ago(11/17/2021 9:14 AM)
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Portfolio Manager (Heavy Duty Lubricants). We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Portfolio Manager (Heavy Duty Lubricants) works with our Global Products and Retail Services businesses to maximize return on the company's product portfolio. The Portfolio Manager is responsible for analyzing and optimizing their assigned product category and leading key projects across the company. This includes optimal cost analysis for new products, collaborative planning on all portfolio products, SKU performance monitoring, profit improvement opportunity identification, as well as leading product obsolescence efforts. The person in this role will work extensively with cross functional team members to determine optimal solutions for a variety of challenges related to the product portfolio, supply chain network and overall financial performance. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Providing analysis for new product initiatives, identifying optimal product and supply chain design
- Theoretical Product Costing - large bids and financial forecasting
- SKU performance monitoring and monthly reporting
- Identification and recommendation of Profit Improvement Opportunities (PIOs)
- Leading SKU Rationalization / Product Obsolescence Process
- Inventory evaluation/optimization
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's Degree (Business/Marketing/Sales/Operations/Technical).
- Minimum of five years work experience in Finance/Accounting, Product Management, Supply Chain Planning, Marketing, Sales Analysis, Operations or Technical.
- Strong experience in financial and/or supply chain analysis.
- Strong expertise in enterprise software systems (SAP, SNAP, Winshuttle, PCM).
- Detailed understanding of global products, capabilities and product production is necessary for the position.
- Business Acumen - Knows how the business works; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Decision Quality - Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answer. Deals well with ambiguity.
- Technical Learning - Picks up on technical things quickly; anticipates learning; can learn new skills and the importance of gaining knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, and product or technical knowledge; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Learning to Fly - Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues for improvement; likes to experiment and will try new methods to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility - Sees strategic path clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has a broad knowledge and perspective; is future-oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Organizing - Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, and support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Time Management - Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Process Management - Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can not; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Managing Through Systems - Can design practices, processes, and procedures which allow managing from a distance; is comfortable letting things manage themselves without intervening; can make things work through others without being there; can impact people and results remotely.
- Dealing with Ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; is not upset when things are up in the air; does not have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Conflict Management - Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Written Communications - Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Presentation Skills - Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization; effective with both cool data and hot controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group interaction during a presentation; can change tactics midstream when something is not working.
- Command Skills - Relishes leading; takes unpopular stands, if necessary; encourages direct and tough debate but is not afraid to end the debate and move on; is looked to for direction in a crisis; faces adversity head on; energized by tough challenges
- Directing Others - Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Working understanding of Valvoline's global plant and distribution operations
- Product life cycle management
- Global experience
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.