- Job #
- # of Openings
- Job Post Information
- 3 months ago(10/19/2021 2:21 PM)
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Plant Manager. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
This position will be responsible for the daily operation of the plant, including overseeing environmental health & safety initiatives, maintaining the quality management system, providing customer service for multiple lines of distribution, facility maintenance and daily HR interaction of a Union facility. Additionally, the plant manager is responsible for long range planning and execution of Capital funds. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Overseeing the environmental health & safety programs – to include working with the regional EHS manager and delegation of tasks to team members.
- Oversight of the quality (ISO 90001) and lean management programs/systems ; working with the onsite quality supervisor and regional process engineers.
- Working with the facility mechanic, regional engineers, and contractors to properly maintain a 100K sq/ft blending and distribution facility.
- Interfacing with both hourly and salary employees while managing the HR functions of a Union plant; working with the HR Business Partner and Direct Market manager on developing a long-term improvement plan.
- Working with members of the sales, customer service and supply chain teams to bring world class customer service to Valvoline’s valued customers.
- Budget management – including working with staff, long range planning and execution of capital projects.
- General administrative functions and working on tasks as assigned by management.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Four year degree in STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) or business
- Minimum five years’ experience in operations, supply chain or distribution
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Power Point
- This is an office position that requires frequent walk outs in the plant for observation
- Some travel required - 5 - 10%
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Two years’ leadership experience in operations, supply chain or distribution
- Prior knowledge of SAP
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.