Plant Engineering Intern - Summer 2023
Valvoline™ has been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
The selected candidate will be asked to perform a variety of entry-level technical duties as needed to assist in the preparation, review, and maintenance of engineering/quality documents, and create ad-hoc reports. The candidate will utilize their field of study (chemical, industrial, electrical, mechanical, civil) degree paths to bring critical-thinking skills into the role and to gain hands-on experience in the assigned internship. The selected candidate will work under the supervision of the plant manager, quality supervisor, operations manager, and plant engineer. Responsibilities include:
- Optimization of the current processes as assigned by the plant manager, quality control supervisor, or plant engineer
- Working on enhancing operational equipment efficiency (OEE)
- Creating or modifying standard operating procedures (SOP's)
- Performing line and process audits utilizing the plants Quality Management System (QMS)
- Assisting in writing authorization for expenditures (AFE's)
- Engaging in time motion studies
What You'll Need
- Must be a student attending classes at a university
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Lean tools, supply chain
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.