We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Plant Engineer. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The plant engineer is responsible for managing the maintenance department, including a staff of 8, and site capital projects. This position is also responsible for overseeing all repairs and maintenance of the buildings and grounds, packaging equipment, blending systems, tanks and pumps, forklifts, etc. Plus program maintenance and execution of LOTO, High Risk work/activities, Maintenance contractors, and a number of compliance programs/tasks. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Managing site capital projects from development, costing, approval and execution
- Managing site maintenance staff including personnel issues, scheduling PTO, assigning work schedules
- Keeping site blending and packaging systems operational and maintained
- Managing maintenance of building and building systems and grounds
- Seeking and implementing improvements to facility operation
- Completing compliance tasks
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion
What You’ll Need
- BS in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of five years' experience in manufacturing, along with three years of supervisory experience
- Ability to lead and develop maint staff
- Knowledge of tanks, pumps, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, HVAC systems
- Detailed oriented and high level of planning
- Ability to be a team member and solve issues
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Knowledge of mechanical packaging equipment
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.