We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Packaging Technician. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
**This is a night shift position from 5PM - 5AM**
How You’ll Make an Impact
We need a quick learner who can become a subject matter expert in the operations of our warehouse environment. The job requires the ability to run high speed packaging equipment (fillers, labelers, palletizers, depalletizers, banders, bottle sorters, box formers), operate forklifts, make machinery adjustments, perform inventory counts, and receive/put away materials. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Operating a forklift, receiving and putting materials away
- Operating manual packaging equipment including lifting cardboard and maintaining equipment
- Operating high speed packaging equipment to include machine adjustments and automated fillers
- Performing other tasks as assigned by team leads or supervisors
- Cleaning your working areas, straightening, and organizing for the next shift
- Performing quality checks multiple times throughout the shift
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion
What You’ll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of five years' work related experience in a manufacturing environment with packaging knowledge
- Ability to run different types of packaging equipment ranging from manual drumming to high speed automatic packaging
- Good math skills
- Forklift experience
- Ability to walk, bend, climb, stoop
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. multiple times throughout the shift
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Availability to work weekends
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans
- 401(k) plus a 4% company match and an additional 4% company basic contribution
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.