Operations Supply Chain Co-Op - Winter 2023
Valvoline™ has been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
As a Co-Op at Valvoline, you will primarily work in Valvoline’s Supply Chain Center of Excellence (COE). This individual will be shared among Supply Chain Planning, Manufacturing Excellence and Engineering departments. Project work could include working on Valvoline’s implementation of new Supply Chain Planning software (OM Partners), working on developing and implementing a manufacturing excellence program at Valvoline, as well as participating in Valvoline capital projects.
Training will be on the job (OJT) as required. During the one-year program, the Co-Op will be part of Valvoline’s winning team, working with Valvoline’s COE to deliver excellent Operations and Supply Chain hands-on projects, and prepare them to be a future leader. Responsibilities include:
- Working and completing Global SC COE projects and tasks as assigned within timeline (e.g. engineering and maintenance, lean and process improvement, supply chain planning, operations and supply chain optimization, etc.). Position is based at Valvoline’s Global Headquarters in Lexington, KY and will likely have opportunities to travel to one or more facilities in the U.S. and potentially abroad, depending on the projects assigned.
- Leading and attending project related meetings
What You'll Need
Valvoline’s ideal candidate will have some or all of these skills and knowledge:
- Work experience in any of the COE departments above
- Prior experience working in the consumer packaged goods industry
- Cross-functional process development
- Project management experience
- Leadership skills
- Process Engineering
- Lean Six Sigma, or Toyota production system knowledge
- Experience working in data analytics and data visualization
- Ability to drive
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.