We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as an Operations Manager. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Operations Manager will oversee the needed tasks for planning, scheduling, and distribution of domestic and international customer orders. This position will manage schedules and staffing levels; ensure all procedures for receiving, inventory control and shipping are followed; ensure export business procedures are followed; oversee training requirements for all LaPorte Team members; implement Lean, Six Sigma, and efficiency projects; and enforce safety guidelines. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Overseeing accuracy of the receiving/shipping processes, and ensuring procedures are followed on a daily basis.
- Supporting the cycle counting program by meeting metrics associated with inventory control, and enforcing compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
- Monitoring Kronos payroll system to ensure no missing time and answer any payroll related questions from employees. Assist employees on payroll issues as needed and process Payroll weekly.
- Ensuring all EHS standards are met. Ensure monthly audits are conducted and completed/entered in Corporate EHS systems.
- Having oversight of accounts payable, goods receipts, blocked stock, and managing inventory reconciliation issues.
- Supporting plant manager and other team members by solving problems, improving processes, and training employees.
- Developing and updating monthly reports for tracking performance and reviewing with facility personnel.
- Giving guidance and subject matter expertise for global export shipping, customer service, vessel booking, checking governmental regulations, setting up logistics, and all other duties for export order fulfillment.
- Managing all MRO items (pallets, drums, pails, caps, stretch film, etc.) and office/ janitorial supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Plant Manager.
What You’ll Need
- College degree
- Minimum of five years' experience in a Distribution Center
- Proficient in SAP, MS Office Suite, Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.