Mechanic Technician/Electrician 2nd Shift
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Mechanic-Electrician. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Mechanic-Electrician will support packaging, blending and general building maintenance from a mechanical and electrical means, diagnosing and repairing items in those areas. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Diagnosing and repairing packaging equipment, such as fillers, labelers, case erectors, case packers, palletizers, glue or tape machines, cappers, conveyor systems, stretch wrappers, and support packaging equipment
- Diagnosing and repairing or replacing 120 volt to 480 volt AC/DC equipment including motors, controls, contactors, relays, discrete devices, lighting fixtures
- Diagnosing and repairing pumps, valves and other blending equipment
- Reviewing parts supply and order as needed
What You’ll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three years' experience as a mechanic or mechanic/electrician in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of packaging equipment preferred, pumps, motors, hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and work in various physical positions (e.g. standing, kneeling, squatting, climbing, sitting, etc.)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Mechanical or electrical trade education
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.