Market Recruiter - Detroit/Toledo
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
We have an opportunity to hire our next great Market Recruiter for Valvoline Instant Oil Change (VIOC), a division of Valvoline. This role will support VIOC store locations in the Detroit/Toledo market. We pride ourselves on working tirelessly to attract and retain friendly and customer-focused people. We value a consistent and positive experience for all our employees and potential new hires. Every month, our recruiters interact with nearly 6,000 applicants who are eager to work at VIOC. And, we’re growing! So, we’re looking for good people to join our Talent Acquisition team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*The Market Recruiter will support VIOC store locations in the Detroit/Toledo market but we invite remote candidates to apply as well. Ideally, we would like candidates located in nearby markets but we are open to other locations.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Market Recruiter performs all talent acquisition functions required, including sourcing, screening, interviewing, and recommending candidates for open positions across smaller geographic markets while developing professional relationships with Market Managers, Area Managers, Service Center Managers, and HRBPs in all markets supported. In your role as a Market Recruiter, you will be responsible for:
- Full lifecycle recruitment for < 30 locations - cradle to grave; reaching out to and attracting candidates to jobs at VIOC to offer close. Interviewing potential candidates within the framework of the position specification, demonstrating the ability to anticipate hiring manager preferences through high interview-to-offer ratios. Building and maintaining high quality talent pipelines through pro-active market research and on-going relationship management. Driving the selection and hiring process from position launch through offer acceptance and hew hire onboarding.
- Sourcing passive and qualified candidates for open job requisitions through a variety of means including, but not limited to: comprehensive internet sourcing tactics, cold-calling, proactive networking, high school/technical school/college engagements, community partnerships, local hiring events, employee referrals, and our in-house ATS software program. Continually seeking new sourcing options and developing creative approaches to presenting candidates to the hiring manager.
- Managing the candidate experience through seamless execution of the interview process. Building a “V-Class” reputation by communicating and responding promptly and professionally with candidates and internal business partners, providing an outstanding experience and ensuring that all applicants are valued throughout the interview, hiring and onboarding process.
- Working with Regional Lead Recruiter on workforce planning: identifying and analyzing market needs and skills of its workforce to achieve its objectives.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years of experience in talent acquisition (preferably in high-volume recruitment) or Human Resources or an equivalent combination or experience and education; or a High School Diploma with a minimum of four years of experience in talent acquisition (preferably in high-volume recruitment) or Human Resources or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Intermediate experience with Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement
- Computer competent with experience using Microsoft Office Suites; internet gifted with social media platforms preferred
- Ability to proactively network and establish working relationships with HR Leadership, VIOC operations, candidates, schools, community leaders, and recruiting team members
- Heightened level of attention to detail, focused on identifying market needs and translating needs into appropriate hiring recommendations
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work effectively and maintain confidentiality of sensitive data
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
What Will Set You Apart?
- Experience with iCIMS
- Passion for delighting the client and candidate to join our team
- Successful collaboration - you will work with a close-knit recruiting team
- Being able to communicate like a pro - there’s a lot of talking in this job
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans
- 401(k) plus a 4% company match and an additional 4% company basic contribution
- Incentive opportunities*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.