We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Maintenance Technician. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Maintenance Technician performs general maintenance and repairs in company owned oil change facilities in areas of general building systems, tire rotation lifts, pneumatic pumps, air compressors, portable equipment (transmission flush, coolant and A/C machines), carpentry, plumbing and painting. Responsibilities include work order retrieval, documentation and completion via company Computerized Maintenance Management System. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor. In the role, you would also be responsible for:
- Performing preventive maintenance work according to assigned schedule and consistent with preventative maintenance work order tasks, company/manufacturer's recommendations and industry standards
- Completing break/fix work order assignments within specified service level time frames in compliance with company specifications, manufacturer's recommendations and industry standards
- Completing and/or providing assistance on special projects as assigned and in compliance with company standards
- Assisting other Maintenance Technicians as necessary and when directed
- Inventory, ordering, and organizing parts and materials in Maintenance vehicle and warehouse location
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion
What You’ll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year of experience in maintenance/facilities or related field
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures in a particular field
- Ability to rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Use and understanding of CMMS and computer skills (MS Office, Excel or similar)
- Strong communication, decision making, and problem solving skills; Customer Service Oriented
- Organization and time management
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Must be able to:
- Stand for long periods of time
- Walk or run for long periods of time
- Bend and twist their body
- Repeat the same movements
- Kneel, stoop, crouch or crawl
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move or assemble objects
- Move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while remaining in place
- Lift, push, pull or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.