- Job #
- # of Openings
- Job Post Information
- 3 days ago(1/14/2022 3:58 PM)
You know Valvoline, right? We’re a household name. We’re one of the most recognized and respected premium brands in the global automotive lubricant industry, we have a presence in more than 140 countries, and our customers have trusted us for 150 years. But at Valvoline, we’re never idle, so we still have work to do. We need good people to help us achieve our vision to build the world's leading engine- and automotive-maintenance business. That’s where you come in. Do you love collaborating with team members? Are you ready for a rewarding job that will help you grow your career? If so, join us.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Maintenance Technician. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Maintenance Technician performs general maintenance and repairs in company owned oil change facilities in areas of general building systems, tire rotation lifts, pneumatic pumps, air compressors, portable equipment (transmission flush, coolant and A/C machines), carpentry, plumbing and painting. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Performing preventive maintenance work per pre-determined schedule, consistent with preventive work order tasks, company/manufacturer's recommendations and industry standards
- Completing break/fix work order assignments within targeted timeframe consistent with company specifications, manufacturer's recommendations and industry standards
- Work order retrieval, documentation and completion via company Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Completing and/or providing assistance on special projects, as assigned, in compliance with company standards
- Assisting other Maintenance Technicians, as necessary, when directed
- Inventory, ordering and organizing parts and materials in maintenance vehicle and warehouse location
What You’ll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year of related work experience
- Ability to rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Customer Service Oriented
- Use and understanding of CMMS and computer skills (MS Office, Excel or similar)
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Must be able to:
- Stand, walk, or run for long periods of time
- Bend and twist body, repeating the same movements
- Kneel, stoop, crouch or crawl
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move or assemble objects
- Move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while remaining in place
- Lift, push, pull or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.