Why Valvoline Global Products?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Products, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Quality Control Supervisor. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Quality Control Supervisor ensures the Quality Control lab operates efficiently and effectively by supervising lab technicians, to include:
- Leading efforts in sites QMS Program / ISO 9001:2015; managing the facility's Quality System; fulfilling the Management Rep responsibilities by completing internal audits, leading management reviews, and building action plans ensuring execution of appropriate corrective actions.
- Ensuring training, testing procedures/ protocols are followed.
- Maintaining lab and plant equipment through verification and calibration standards. Trouble shoots equipment and schedules preventive maintenance.
- Managing expenses related to supplies and consumables for the laboratory.
- Investigating root causes of internal, supplier and customer non-conformances.
- Managing the Incident Report System: documents root causes of customer, internal, and supplier incidents and implements corrective actions where applicable.
- Driving continuous improvement through 5S, lean, and other programs/ tools.
- Working directly with corporate resources change management group for changes to new formulations. Interfaces with Blenders to lead changes/updates to the SMB/ILB/batch blending systems.
- Leading safety programs to ensure the safety of employees working in the lab. Drives employee engagement in safety.
- Communicating and ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures including OSHA, EPA, environmental rules, regulations, ISO work instructions and company policies, and maintains appropriate records.
- Responsibility for all Laboratory and Quality related initiatives.
- Leading Training, Work Instructions, and Document Control
- Responsibility for Site Specific formulas and recipes (including formulas uploaded to Plant PLC).
- A3 and Kaizen Initiatives.
- Supporting EHS goals and objectives.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Four-year technical degree in chemistry or chemical engineering preferred. Other four year science or engineering degrees e.g. (industrial engineering, quality engineering, etc.) will be considered with appropriate experience.
- Minimum of four years' experience in a lubricant and/or chemical manufacturing laboratory setting plus two years supervisory experience
- Must be skilled at using common test equipment used to test lubricants and/or chemicals
- SAP experience is extremely beneficial
- Experience in SPC (Statistical Process Control), control charts, and statistical software (e.g. mini tab)
- Experience with automotive standards APQP, PPAPs, FMEA, Control Plans
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma
- Proficient in MS Office, Outlook, SAP, Propietary shipping software programs, etc.
- Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 35 lbs., while occasionally handling boxes that weigh 35 lbs.
- Ability to stand, squat, reach and walk between 8 - 10 hours per shift
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
$59,200 to $74,000 (annually) - pay commensurate with education and experience
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.