Key Account Executive - Southwest
Why Valvoline Global Products?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Products, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Key Account Executive. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
This is a remote role with a preference that the individual is based out of Los Angeles, CA or Phoenix, AZ covering a territory across the Western US and traveling up to 75% of the time.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The purpose of the Regional Account Executive is to grow the Valvoline business by developing, calling on, and servicing key accounts for the Valvoline family of products. This position will have extensive knowledge of each channel of trade and will help create and execute a selling platform, marketing programs, and account-specific promotions that deliver strategic growth for the Valvoline Company. Relationship building with the key accounts is critical to the success of this role. This includes customer site visits and various face-to-face interactions. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Developing and enriching relationships with key dealerships and distributor personnel in management, sales, operations, and customer service. (Key dealerships larger than 6 rooftops)
- Business and scorecard reviews – Analyzing the performance of each rooftop and identifying a strategy for growth
- Transferring product and sales knowledge to motivate, train, or coach personnel and/or installers to increase sales of the Valvoline portfolio of products using virtual and In-store support/classroom training (including installation demos, customized playbook, and execution)
- Planning, coordinating, and consulting both parts and service departments to increase internal sales and vertical sales of new products.
- Negotiating and extending contracts and supply agreements, with experience using templated and non-templated contracts and VVV business tools (CPQ, Proposals, Development funds, etc.)
- New account onboarding and ongoing management
- Equipment maintenance and facilitating repairs or ordering parts
- Personal development and mentorship
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience
- Experience and expertise with “do it for me” (DIFM) automotive dealerships or heavy-duty market experience
- Strong track record of sales territory and account growth
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Teams, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Working knowledge of business analytic tools (SNAP, BW, BI Tools, or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com (or equivalent CRM)
- Communication skills
- Must have excellent presentation skills
- Must possess a strong stage presence (in-person and virtual)
- Interpersonal and political savvy
- Be an ideal team player (Humble, Hungry, Smart)
- Driving for Results
- Execution mindset
- Planning and organization
- Detail oriented
- Possess excellent time management skills
- Business acumen
- Excellent problem-solving / troubleshooting skills
- Large account (KEY Dealership) account management experience
- Change Management - Must be able to prepare, support, and equip individuals to drive change success
- Collaborative (Building Deep & Wide Relationships)
- Ability to build influential partnerships
- Possess a strong customer focus
- Coaching / Leadership / Mentorship
- Negotiation skills
- Must have sales persuasion skills
- Ability to establish customer value
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
$77,200 to $96,500 (annually) - pay commensurate with education and experience
What Will Set You Apart
- Hands-on expert - Technical and professional knowledge and skills
- Understands industry trends
- Completed VCert Classes: Light Duty Lubricants, Heavy Duty Lubricants, Valvoline Professional Series w/ Equipment Certifications, Facilitation Skills, Virtual Facilitation Skills (internal candidates)
- Completed Valvoline Sales Training: Consultative Selling, Consultative Negotiations, Collaborative Account Development, and Presentation Skills (internal candidates)
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.