IT Intern (ERP Planning & Mfg) - Summer 2023
Valvoline™ has been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
The IT Intern (ERP Planning & Mfg) will provide day-to-day technical and/or process support for business applications that are used by Valvoline to enable business operations. This role will install and configure software, write database and operating system scripts, work with other IT staff/partners on operating system, database, and/or software upgrades, as well as other technical projects as needed. All activities will be under direct supervision. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with support/maintenance for software and hardware for applications in an area of responsibility.
- Working with Planning & Manufacturing IT colleagues to diagnose, resolve and document issues.
- Developing and maintaining general scripts (batch, VBScript, Powershell, SQL, etc.), that are used in the support of the business applications in your area. Develops ad-hoc scripts or queries, as needed, to gather information requested by business partners. The focus of all work with be towards improving the efficiency of business operations.
- Participating in project work in order to maintain/upgrade components of the business applications in your area of responsibility. This consists of items such as OS upgrades, firmware upgrades, database upgrades, application updates/upgrades and hardware/software testing.
- Learning, understanding and following Corporate and IT policies and procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You'll Need
Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or similar
- Preferred exposure to SQL Server (or other RDMS), Java, PowerShell and Windows Server
- Experience with Microsoft operating system platforms
- Basic SQL proficiency (Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL)
- Basic Office 365 competency (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to continually learn and enhance skills
- Likes a quick-paced environment
- Ability to:
- work under direct supervision
- work as part of a team or individually
- perform routine activities in a structured environment
- apply newly acquired knowledge to develop new skills
- Sufficient communication skills for effective dialogue with others
- Demonstrates an organized approach to work
- Problem-solving skills
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.