IT Business Analyst
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as an IT Business Analyst. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we invite remote candidates to apply as well. Ideally, we would like candidates located in nearby markets (Cincinnati, Louisville, and Nashville), but we are open to other locations.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Retail Services Platforms IT Business Analyst II is a Business Analyst/Project Manager hybrid role supporting our global Quick Lube systems. This role will partner with business stakeholders to understand business strategy and roadmap, analyze business needs, and direct cross functional teams in the development of solutions to support those needs. Evolution in this role requires a shift from identifying/documenting needs to anticipating and influencing requirements in support of business objectives, thus becoming a strategic partner. This role is responsible for the management of complex projects and will use standard project management skills, including SCRUM, to manage the full lifecycle of a project including planning, delivery and execution. Some technical skills are required to enable the analysis, problem solving, and solutioning needed to support our Quick Lube environment.
In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Influence project decisions from ideation phase to steady state environment, including functional and technical requirements, project plans and timelines, solution documentation, unit testing, user acceptance testing, coordination with training teams, deployment, and support. Special emphasis placed on translating business requirements into technical requirements by identifying and analyzing business needs, conducting requirements gathering and defining scope and objectives. This includes performing gap analysis of requirements via discovery sessions with a variety of roles. Ensure that all appropriate resources, including external vendors and partners, are engaged throughout the project and that the proper hand-offs occur with the technical support team, VIOC Help Desk, and VIOC business.
- Collaborate with project teams to identify issues/risks that will impact quality or delivery from a technical, business or end-user perspective. Aid in developing plans to reduce/eliminate issues/risks, document solutions, and obtain agreement/consensus. Ensure that appropriate stakeholders and management are aware of issues/risks, as well as mitigation plans. In addition, provide regular status reporting (including any deviations from plan) on all project assignments to all interested parties.
- Regularly meet with VIOC business partners to understand overall business strategy and upcoming needs as it pertains to technology and support, in order to understand the types of projects that will be coming, as well as preparing for possible solutions. Understand the role that each business group, IT team, and external partner plays in the overall VIOC store technology picture. Understand gaps in process or items that require improvement. This includes analyzing complex business processes and identifying efficiency opportunities and/or solutions to resolve process gaps or related business challenges. Develop overall solution design based off recommendations and knowledge.
- Recognize the impact the project will have on business users and their process. Bring awareness to the teams and business stakeholders, the level of change management that is needed. Aide in planning that work as part of the project.
- Follow Corporate and IT policies and procedures. Ensure IT security is consulted regarding projects using new technologies, guaranteeing compliance with all auditing, security, data privacy, and PCI regulations.
- Willingness to aid in support of newly released projects until adequate knowledge transfer has been completed with the appropriate teams.
- Collaborate with support and development teams, as needed, to investigate, analyze, and determine root cause of VIOC store related issues. Includes use of technical tools such as PowerShell,, SQL Server, and Oracle scripts. This includes 2 on-call rotations per year, each being 2 weeks in duration.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration (or higher) in an IT related field
- Minimum 3+ years of application development experience in Business Analysis, Requirements Management, and Process Engineering
Project Management Experience working with both application and infrastructure IT groups
- Minimum 3+ years experience in one or more of the following techniques:
- SQL Server and Oracle PL/SQL
- Restful APIs
- Cloud Management (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Server 2012, 2016
- Group Policy
- Strong communication, both verbal and written
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Adept at understanding business needs and transforming them into application requirements
- Ability to make decisions and take responsibility for work
- Strong analysis skills to enable solutioning for business needs
- Strong project management skills, capable of balancing multiple projects at the same time (medium/large projects)
- Demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to issue resolution
- Capable of technical writing, technical and analytical problem solving, and critical thinking
- Ability to learn, work, and adapt in a dynamic environment, both as an individual and part of a team
- Capable of communicating to all levels in the organization, as well as the technical to the non-technical and the non-technical to the technical
- Excellent people skills and the ability to foster an environment of collaboration and teamwork
- Working knowledge of end-user system design, user interface/acceptance testing, user training, system support, and Agile Principles (SCRUM)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Project Management Certification
- SCRUM Master Certification
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.