International Supply Chain Internship - Summer 2023
Valvoline™ has been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY. Our internship opportunities will be on-site at HQs
This is an exciting opportunity for a college student to get real world experience in international business. The role will provide valuable help and learning in Valvoline's international supply chain with focus areas of customer service, supply chain planning, quality management, logistics, and purchasing. The person selected will provide analysis, support customers, and learn SAP functionality, along with other valuable export supply chain experience. Responsibilities include:
- Aiding in developing and maintaining training and process documents for International Customer Service
- Analyzing and resolving customer or quality issues discovered via incident reporting system
- Supporting documentation and compliance of export customer shipments
- Analyzing and processing ocean freight and export logistic invoices
- Communicating, analyzing, and supporting supply chain performance metrics
- Cross-functional project work with marketing, sales, product management, supply chain, and directly with customers
What You'll Need:
- College student in supply chain or business related field
- Must have an interest and be persistent in problem solving
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.