Identity & Access Management Engineer
Why Valvoline Global Products?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Products, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as an IDAM Engineer. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we invite remote candidates to apply as well. Ideally, we would like candidates located in nearby markets (Cincinnati, Louisville, and Nashville), but we are open to other locations.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Identity and Access Management (IDAM) Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation, and support of IDAM functions, processes, and technologies that enable access controls on various applications and systems. The IDAM Engineer engages various stakeholders (IT, Business, Customers, Vendors, etc.) on requirements relating to identity, access, and privilege management. In addition, the IDAM Engineer will assess opportunities in optimizing the end user experience, security of the environment, and compliance controls while driving improvements in these areas. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Identity and Access Management Architecture – Strategic planning, implementation, and testing of various IDAM related Information Technology Resources (e.g. identity governance, access control, single sign-on, privileged access management).
- Projects - Participating in projects that provide enhanced Information Technology IDAM capabilities to further Valvoline’s business goals.
- Process Optimization - Improving processes on identity governance, access and authentication control, and privilege access management across a variety of platforms and applications that also enhances security controls.
- Documentation - Creating and updating documentation related to Valvoline's processes for IDAM.
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex issues related to access of Valvoline’s Information Technology resources.
- Reporting and Audit Response - Implementing and coordinating reporting and responses required by audits and compliance reviews, and document exceptions as necessary.
- Knowledge Transfer - Providing mentoring and training to stakeholders on IDAM solutions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
Bachelor's degree in IT, engineering, business, management or a related field, or equivalent work experience
Minimum five years+ of managing architectural tasks within the Identity and Access Management space
Minimum seven years + of experience in Identity and Access Management, along with Privilege Access Management
Minimum ten years+ of experience in IT operational technology, including troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis of complex IT Solutions
- Experience in ITIL Foundations and Intermediate Service Operation
- Advanced Experience in Identity and Access Management capabilities, such as Access Management Tools (SAP Customer Data Cloud/Gigya), Active Directory/Azure, AWS, Security Certificate Management, Authentication including Single Sign-on (SAML, Oauth, OpenID Connect) and Privilege Access Management – Secrets Management (Hashicorp).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to enable effective security incident and problem resolution.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Understanding of information security frameworks such as ISO 27001, COBIT, NIST-CSF, NIST 800-53, etc.
- Creating scripting programs
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- CISSP or Security+ (CompTIA)
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.