Hybrid and Electric Engineer
- Job #
- # of Openings
- Job Post Information
- 2 weeks ago(1/6/2022 2:30 PM)
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Hybrid and Electric Engineer. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
This role works closely with technical, service, and sales and marketing teams to develop and support our new line of products to meet the fast-growing EV and HEV needs. This is a hands-on position that will work closely with OEMs to develop and carry out tests of the integrated HEV/EV mechatronic and software systems. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Supporting R&D team to develop new EV products and services.
- Designing electrical and electromechanical test fixtures.
- Creating troubleshooting tools, processes, and tests for EV battery system.
- Developing system test procedures, processing vehicle on-board data, and managing cloud network communication.
- Providing on-site training for field service managers, customers, and other personnel on EV service and troubleshooting procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechatronics, Electrical, Systems, or Computer Engineering.
- System level design capability of EV’s and/or HEV’s, including powertrains and typical electrical, mechanical, and software systems and function.
Experience with electrical schematics, circuit design, and firmware debugging.
Working experience in DC motor and DC/DC power conversion, including digital motors and associated circuit boards.
Hands-on experience with diagnosing and debugging electronics assemblies and mechanical systems.
- Experience with dielectric materials and characterization including breakdown and impedance measurements.
Experience with thermal management for electrical & mechanical circuits, computer components and batteries.
Familiarity with charging systems for lithium batteries, high voltage circuits, battery characterization & construction.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention-to-detail, and multitasking capability.
- Ability to travel up to 5%
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Experience with working knowledge of Electric Vehicle (EV) or Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) powertrains and familiar with electrical, mechanical, and systems-level design
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.