Help Desk Tier 1
- Job #
- # of Openings
- Job Post Information
- 6 days ago(1/11/2022 3:23 PM)
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding Help Desk Tier 1 opportunity. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Computer Technician provides technical phone, email and chat support for proprietary software on multiple devices and platforms for Valvoline Instant Oil Change locations and Dash. Serves as the first point of contact for user support through phone, email, chat and/or self-service; triages and responds to requests and routes them to the appropriate personnel, as necessary. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Serving as the initial contact for reporting technical issues, answering questions regarding upgrades, installations, and other software/hardware/network issues.
- Answering queries by telephone or self-service ticket in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, network, system/application access, and telecommunications systems.
- Accurately diagnosing client technical issues; gathering the necessary information, and performing standard, preliminary research using all relevant available resources.
- Clearly and thoroughly documenting requests for assistance in our ticket management system and tracking incidents through to resolution/escalation.
- Working with customers to collect information about problems, and leading customers through diagnostic procedures to determine the source issue. Alerts management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year of customer service and/or technical support in a call center environment
Ability to work independently, as well as be a team player
Excellent computer and written/verbal communications skills
Be intuitive with great follow through skills, as well as hardware/software troubleshooting abilities
Must be able to deal effectively with all types of internal/external customers
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor's Degree
- Technical support experience
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.