Head of Product (Digital)
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Head of Product, Digital. We wholeheartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we invite remote candidates to apply as well. Ideally, we would like candidates located in nearby markets (Cincinnati, Louisville, and Nashville), but we are open to other locations.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Head of Product, Digital, will accelerate the growth of our Retail Services business by advancing and aligning our employee, customer, and store technology. They will be a visionary that can translate business needs into user-friendly product solutions with technical and operational scale. In partnership with the business and technology teams, this role will lead a team to define, design, integrate and implement solutions that enhance and digitize our customer and employee experience as well as drive operational efficiency. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Defining, integrating, and improving the full digital product roadmap for store operations, customer & employee experience
- Partnering with the business to understand strategies, objectives, and needs to develop workable and innovative solutions
- Working across functional teams (Marketing, HR, etc.) to understand and prioritize application integrations
- Engaging with the technology team and outside vendors to establish implementation roadmaps
- Defining and monitoring KPIs to help align the organization and optimize results
- Maintaining knowledge of emerging technology, industry/external trends, and operational best practices
- Building and leading a team of professionals while adding to our strong organizational culture
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree required
- Travel to Lexington or store locations to engage stakeholders, understand the operating environment, conduct pilots, or other activities
- Minimum of 8 years of product management or development experience
- Experience establishing and integrating new technology - including both proprietary 'off-the-shelf' solutions
- Track record of strong people leadership
- Experience working in a collaborative, matrix environment
- Ideally, prior tenure working within a fast-paced and growth-oriented retail organization
- Strong relationship-building skills with internal/external partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; utilization of data, research, and voice of the customer in defining solutions
- Must exhibit creative problem-solving skills
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.